Click Here to order the 2020 Alan Bull Art Calendar!
* "Night Carousel" acrylic on canvas, 18" x 40" 2019 Now on view at Old Orchard Farm Store, Orient, NY
* "Beach Plums" oil on canvas, 30" x 48" 2019 On view at Old Orchard Farm Store, Orient, NY
* "Last Light (Salisbury Beach)" oil on canvas, 30" x 40" 2018
* "Orient Moon" oil on birch panel, 12" x 12" 2018.
* "Loop (Mini Golf #2)" oil on canvas, 16" x 16" 2017
* "Lighthouse (Mini Golf #3)" oil on canvas, 20" x 30" 2017.
"Crane Truck, Beacon Marine" acrylic on birch panel, 40" x 40" (SOLD)
* "Gloucester" watercolor, 10" x 11" 2016. Click on image for additional nautical paintings. This painting available at Charles Fine Arts, Gloucester, MA
"Off the Ferry" oil on canvas, 36" x 36" 2016 (SOLD)
"Dolphin, Orient Point" oil on canvas, 24" x 36" 2016. (SOLD)
* "Table Rock, Eastern Point" oil on canvas, 10" x 20" 2016
Welcome to the official site of artist Alan Bull
Alan Bull is an artist, teacher and illustrator based in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Originally from Old Town, Maine, Alan received his BFA from the Philadelphia College of Art and his work is in numerous public and private collections. His paintings have appeared in the Martha Blog, Houzz, Architectural Digest, The Boston Globe, The New York Times, House Beautiful and many other publications.
"I have admired Alan Bull's deep and evocative art for many years. He has a keen eye for what is essential and for what is true, and he merges this gift with an abiding love for the natural world we human beings are fortunate to call home. Not many artists have earned the right to be called masters, but Alan Bull has many times over. He is a national treasure." ~ Andre Dubus III, author of Townie and House of Sand and Fog
Paintings marked with an asterisk * are available for purchase.
All inquiries please contact:
On Facebook: Alan Bull Art Studio
"Wave #2" oil on canvas, 30" x 48" 2017 (SOLD)
* "Petey's Pit (Shelter Island Junkyard)" oil on canvas, 14" x 18" 2015 Click on image to see additional truck paintings
Installation view from January 2007 of "Junked: The Truck Paintings of Alan Bull" at the Firehouse Center for the Arts in Newburyport, MA. Click on image to see the Boston Globe article about this show by Joel Brown.
(c) 2019 all images and text copyright Alan Bull. All Rights Reserved. All images and text on this page were created by and are the sole property of Alan Bull. Individual users are granted the right to download a single copy of this page for archival purposes on electronic media and/or conversion into a single printed copy for personal use. All commercial use or reproduction of this material is strictly prohibited. It may not otherwise be reprinted or recopied, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of Alan Bull.